USA Holidays

JP Holidays

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I have 3 Painted guitars signed by Bluefest Artists how much should I sell them for being for charity ?

I have 3 handpainted guitars by myself with Indigenous Artwork and have had them signed by Artists at The Byron Bay Bluesfest such as Ben Harper , Jack Johnson , Xavier Rudd , John Butler , Missy Higgins , Kasey Chambers , Jason Mraz , The Veronicas , The Waifs , The Cat Empire , Tim Finn , Taj Mahal , Mavis Staples , CW Stoneking , Seasick Steve and many more .... These Guitars are to be Auction peices to raise money for a Tibetan Refugee Centre in Northern India . It is hard to estimate a good price for these unique guitars . I thought maybe by posting a question here I could get an idea ... To see the Guitars before answering checkout Tibet Guitar Project on FB.






Answer :
I recommend you ask at a guitar making business. Estimate what a painting of yours would go for at retail price, add some value for the famous artists' signatures and see if you come out with a fair price to start for. Since it's an auction the prices will vary accordiing to who is in the audience and knows those artists and wants their work. It's hard to estimate such variables. For example, the only group I know of on your list is Taj Mahal, but I don't play guitar, so I might not be a good audience. But if the auction is going to be advertised in advance, it might bring in better prospects. Good luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT Holidays

EU Holidays

DE Holidays