USA Holidays

JP Holidays

Monday, March 15, 2010

Backpacking throughout Asia - Where to go?

I am currently working in the Philippines and before returning home (the USA), I'd like to take a month or so to do a little backpacking. I am not sure when I will be done working exactly, and would like to be home before the holidays (Thanksgiving), so I doubt I will have much more than a month - 2 max.

I would really like to see India, but I don't know what I'd want to do there. The Taj Mahal and seeing some local markets. Actually, since being in the Philippines, I've grown to love the market setting. But as for the rich Asian history, I really don't get into it (any history for that matter). Thinking of this, I am not sure if heading north is my best bet, even though it was my original thought.

I am a beach bum, but don't want to spend the backpacking trip on the beach. Doing some hiking and some local markets is really all I can think of that won't be an overkill for me - and maybe if time allots, throw in a few days at the beach.

I have also thought of hitting some beaches on the way to Australia and then hitting New Zealand. However, I am not sure if I will have the time for this.

I really don't want to be rushed anywhere, I would like a relaxing trip, seeing as many places as I can. Oh, and cheap is always a bonus.

Any ideas or suggestions of places to stop by or a rough plan?






Answer :
Well you have to decide which of 3 categories you are in

1. Independent travellers (who just like to travel by themselves, but are not into the backpacker scene)
2. Backpackers (who like the idea of travelling around to all the back packer haunts)
3. Real backpackers (who travel with a tent and go to places where the main attraction is that few other people have gone there before).

For a backpacker your best bet would be the backpacker trail, from Hong Kong, into China via Guangzhou, Guilin, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang. This is a popular party scene for backpackers, but the problem is couldn't go on to TIbet and Nepal easily at that time of the year (it would be a little cold).

So you might head south into Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and so on.

Or you might do the reverse and start in Thailand and head up north into China and back to Hong Kong where you can fly back to the US without too much problem (or from Beijing or Shanghai).

If you have more money you can do india and then head back through Thailand and vietnam, but you would be flyi






Answer :
Hi Kris, if you plan to explore the natural beauty and diversity of local culture, you should try to visit Indonesia. there so many beautiful beaches and mountains.

There is also no great cost to travel, I've traveled to the island of Java karimun in the middle for 3 days 2 nights and it was all just need $ 150, I plan to lombok island later in August. My friend just found a new island and no one has lived there, very interesting. message me if you interested in.

Or if you need other references about the adventures in Indonesia try to visit my blog. http://amazingindonesia.net/

happy backpacking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT Holidays

EU Holidays

DE Holidays